If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (219) 476-1883

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

When Mold Hits Your Portage Home SERVPRO Is Ready

12/20/2018 (Permalink)

Mold Remediation When Mold Hits Your Portage Home SERVPRO Is Ready Mold like this needs to be fully removed by a professional right away.

Debunking Mold Myths in Your Portage Home

One of the most significant struggles that Portage homeowners face is a wealth of bad information they can find on the internet that leads them to unsatisfactory cleanup and removal of threats in their home. Some influential websites and blogs indicate that homeowners can remove threats like mold colonies from their homes without the need for remediation professionals, but in truth, this is almost never the case. Most situations present immediate threats to the occupants of the house, especially those with already compromised respiratory systems, so taking care of active mold growth in your home requires an immediate response from highly-trained professionals like ours.


Keeping your Portage home and your family safe from mold damage requires a working knowledge of how these situations occur and by debunking some of the common myths associated with this organism. The more that you understand about mold and what it can do to your home, the better prepared you to become to reach out to our SERVPRO applied microbial remediation technicians at the first sign of trouble.


Mold is Not Dangerous 

One of the common misconceptions about mold growth is that it does not threaten your home or your family. With active mold spores feeding on organic material it encounters, it does not take long for colonies to weaken structural elements to the point of failure. Also, these same colonies can cause potential health effects for any person or pet within your home that encounters the growth.


Mold Goes Away on Its Own 

Another way homeowners get mistaken is the belief that these conditions go away on their own without direct intervention. Our SERVPRO professionals encounter extensive mold growth in homes and businesses where the owner believed that with enough time, the situation resolves itself. In actuality, the organism continues to spread and degrade structural elements.

While these are just two of the many myths that homeowners believe about mold growth in their home, it is critical to understand that the only way to fully remove the threat is with trained professionals with specialized equipment and expertise. Our SERVPRO of Porter County remediation technicians can help you. Give us a call at (219) 476-1883. 

Portage Parks is hosting a travel league night at Imagination Glen again this Spring, click here for more information. 

Other News

View Recent Posts